Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Trailing Clouds of Glory: Expansion, Inflation, Space, and Time

I think in Astronomy you see both the profound limitations and the amazing creativity and resourcefulness of human beings.

I am interested in the idea of the Big Bang. In college I wrote a paper for my Cosmology class on the findings of Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson. Please note that Cosmology at my college might have been subtitled, "Physics for Struggling People Who Came Here to Study Yeats but Somehow Have to Get Their Area Science Credit."

I think this article is a nice, accessible, readable explanation of the work of Penzias and Wilson, the implications of the Hubble telescope findings(why Hubble is such a big deal), and the implications of recent findings in Science.

LINK in Wired Magazine 




No comments: